QR Code Link to This Post
I work for a small production company that is branching out Boston. We shoot a pretty specific style of photos and video for commercial (office) real estate, and we're looking for a few ultra-reliable shooters in the Boston area. Prior experience in real estate photography and video is a big plus, but we encourage applications from anyone who is interested and willing to learn as well.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE, YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING VIDEO TEST WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
- Using video equipment you already have, shoot a video tour of an interior space (could be your home, apt, hotel room, public library, etc.) in a way that communicates the layout, quality, and size.
- Keep the camera movements smooth and continuous. In the final video, the viewer should always know where they are in the space.
- Edit the clips together with simple cross dissolves to make the video as short as possible without losing any important information about the space.
- The test of a successful video is if the viewer can draw a floor plan of the space after watching the video.
- Share original clips and final edit via Gdrive.
Some pro-tips for the camerawork:
- Shoot with a wide lens
- Stabilize your camera somehow
- Keep your horizons level throughout the video
- Keep the pacing slow
A little about our shoots:
- We will typically assign 1 or 2 locations per day, usually in the Chicago downtown areas, but sometimes also the surrounding metropolitan area as well.
- 8 hour maximum
- $650/day rate
- Potential for multi-day contract commitment or even full time